Procon Consulting LLC is seeking a Building Information Modeling (BIM) Specialist with 3-7 years of experience in the Design and Construction Industry. As BIM Specialist you will provide program and project management support to a national client helping them to develop their BIM policies, standards, and project requirements. This role will either report to our client site in Arlington, VA or Philadelphia, PA; the work will be done for projects servicing the east and west coast remotely.
BIM Program Support
- Coordinate with the Owner’s National BIM Program to assist in the development of National BIM Policies, Guides and requirements specifications.
- Participate in Regional and National BIM calls and activities as required by the Regional and National BIM programs.
- Develop BIM requirements specifications for building Designers, Constructors, Operators and other Consultant’s contracts.
- Evaluate and test emerging technologies which are relevant to the management of Design, Build, Operate and Maintain life cycle phases of facilities. Some initial examples of these technologies include Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, imaging and other sensing technologies.
- Implement emerging technologies in pilot projects where appropriate.
- Provide organizational BIM training and support for the owner’s Regional and National organizations .
BIM Project Support
- Facilitate and chair BIM Execution Planning meetings to develop BIM Execution Plans for project stakeholders.
- Review and analyze BIM submissions and processes delivered by Designers, Constructors, and other Consultants to ensure minimum contractual requirements are being met.
- Facilitate the use of BIM during on-board design review sessions and coordination meetings. Where necessary operate Building Information Models to allow reviewers to inspect designs from multiple perspectives and viewpoints.
- Perform BIM Spatial Data Validation analysis of design submissions.
- Perform clash detection analysis of Design and Construction BIM submissions to ensure building systems and components do not conflict with one another and are coordinated.
- Perform analysis of BIM design submissions for Errors and Omissions.
- Evaluate issues of constructibility and generate takeoffs and quantities from BIM Submissions.
- Perform COBie (Construction Operations Building information exchange) analysis of Design and Construction Contractor’s submissions to ensure they comply with owner specific COBie requirements.
- Coordinate all activity between Design, Construction, Construction Management firms, Consultants and the Owner personal during projects.
- Provide project team end user training and support for BIM applications.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Qualified candidates must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible to obtain a clearance. Background check required.
- 3-7 years of experience required in building design, construction, and construction information technologies.
- 3-7 years of experience coordinating Building Information Modeling workflows.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Navisworks, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk BIM 360, Solibri Model Checker, and or equivalent applications.
- Experience representing or working closely with large building owners.
- Ability to obtain government clearance.
- Superior leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to handle numerous tasks.
- CADD, BIM and GIS Certification preferred.
- Government experience preferred.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- GIS Specialist – San Diego, CA
- Construction Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- TS Cleared Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Design Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Traveling Construction Manager – Various Locations (United States)
- Project Estimator (DC Metro Area)
- BIM Specialist – Arlington, VA or Philadelphia, PA (Remote Opening)
- Construction Project Manger – Anniston, AL
- Project Scheduler (DC Metro Area)
- Construction Inspector – Anniston, AL
- Construction Project Manager (NYC-Queens area)
- Construction Project Manager (Seattle, WA area)
- Construction Manager – San Fransisco Bay Area