Procon Consulting is seeking a Construction Inspector with a minimum of 15+ years of experience in on-site construction inspection services who has project experience with radiation shielding, ionizing radiation sources, or unique, specialized laboratory systems.
- Inspect installed work identified on the approved plans and specifications.
- Observe the daily progress and workmanship of construction.
- Observe and document construction contractor safety for compliance with their approved Job Safety Plan. Provide documentation on any non‐compliance issues.
- Observe testing and sampling procedures as required by the construction contract.
- Coordinate visit schedule for independent testing firms (3rd party testing) if required services are authorized by the government for compliance Provide daily surveillance reports. Receive and consolidate the contractor daily report submittals. Inspect storm water management (SWM) and Sediment Control measures for compliance with permit requirements. Document corrective measures taken by the contractor. Perform daily, weekly and after rain event inspections and document conditions.
- Provide daily inspection and surveillance of construction work to insure the work is in accordance with contract.
- Inform contractor and construction representatives of safety violations, subject to the limitations.
- Verify contractor’s maintenance of accurate as-built drawings on a weekly basis and provide comments on completed as-built drawings.
- Inspect and ensure compliance with construction materials, workmanship and construction and installation of various systems.
- Conduct construction inspections to resolve problems on the project and will brief Government personnel of the solutions to the issues.
- Review and interpret engineering and architectural plans and specifications.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in construction of institutional or commercial lab facilities that included radiation shielding or ionizing radiation sources.
- Knowledge of clinical, pharmaceutical, or laboratory operations and mechanical/electrical systems associated with such facilities preferred.
- Construction industry certifications and qualification, such as journeyman level in mechanical/electrical trades, construction management, NEBB or ASHRAE would be desirable for the position.
- Past completion of OSHA 30‐hour course (or equivalent) or similar safety training courses in excavations/trenching, scaffolding and fall protection, confined spaces, lifting/loading
- Desired knowledge and completion of radiation safety training, any level.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with client and contractor/tradesmen in performance of duties.
- Ability to manage numerous concurrently phased construction activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related field.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, processes, and methods) mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing engineering customs and practices in expressing ideas, designs, and data in drawings.
- Experience with federal office buildings preferred.
- Plan, organize, review, and evaluate the work of consultants, contractors, and others.
- Design principles, mathematics, and construction industry practice for the solution of mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing engineering problems.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft and email applications.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.