Procon is seeking an experienced (5-15 years) Construction Project Manager responsible for project development, permitting and supervision; planning, organizing, and directing all phases of construction projects to include: preparing budgets, cost estimates, bids, and various aspects of construction coordination and management in support of a project located in Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate will have a background in construction management, architecture or engineering, and will possess exceptional problem solving, analytical, cost management and communication skills.
- Manage project budgeting and forecasting process. Closely manage costs and implement value engineering strategies where appropriate. Regularly develop and provide quantitative and qualitative reporting.
- Responsible for any and all daily management aspects on the construction project and/or business unit.
- Develop and review plans and specifications including documenting information and writing reports.
- Review construction documents and budgets to determine level of project completion.
- Manage electronic project management applications inclusive of various modules such as budget tracking, Schedule of Values (SOV) input, Request for Information (RFI), and submittals.
- Coordinating day-to-day site issues related to materials, labor and equipment utilization on large commercial projects.
- Provide technical assistance to construction team and subcontractors to ensure project is within approved budget.
- Maintain project progress reports and schedules.
- Utilize computer based scheduling software.
- Review and analyze complex construction contracts.
- Write changes orders, project closeouts and all related activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture and/or related field.
- Ability to manage all aspects of design and construction phases within a design build project.
- Firm understanding of basic mathematics, including percentage analysis, numerical proportion, and the ability to analyze and work with budgets.
- Must have experience with Pre-design, design, bid/award, construction and post construction phases.
- Ability to evaluate individual performance with an emphasis on quality standards and productivity.
- Experienced in the interdisciplinary management and coordination of several disciplines and trades surrounding large design build high-rise construction projects.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel), MS Project, and related software computer applications.
- Preferred experience in whole-contract type electronic management systems to include (Proliance, ePM, and prolog).
- Strong analytical and investigative skills, strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Industry/Professional Certifications is preferred.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.