Procon Consulting is seeking a Design/Construction Project Manager for a long term opportunity in the Washington D.C/Metro area. The candidate will have responsibilities that include but not limited to construction, design/build, architecture, engineering and space management of complex construction projects. This role requires 10+ years of experience in architecture, engineering, or construction management on projects for interior renovations, upgrades, fit outs or new construction.
- Candidate must have past experience delivering design-build projects as CM/A-E/GC.
- Candidate must have gov’t / federal / GSA experience (understand FAR and gov’t processes).
- Provide expertise and recommendations in the design phase of the project.
- As required, provide on-site construction management oversight during mobilization, site preparation, construction, fit-out, commissioning and occupancy.
- Provides support in the planning, management direction, project completion, client satisfaction, and financial outcome of assigned construction projects.
- Interfaces with clients to define project requirements. Majority of issues are tenant improvements and finishes.
- Reviews schedule, and aligns project work plan and deadlines with requirements.
- Monitors on-site processes, procedures, and systems for compliance with construction drawings, security requirements, and code compliance.
- Coordinates and monitors the completion of activities in all phases of the project cycle.
- Monitors and oversees the project design or construction effort, to include but not limited to risk management, security and safety compliance, etc.
- Assists the Contracting Officer and COR with acquisition planning, technical reviews, execution, and administration. Collects requirements, prepares SOWs, conducts market research, and develops sole source justifications, as appropriate. Assist the government representative in reviewing documentation.
- Provides project management support in any form, demonstrating compliance with all directives and other applicable standards to include, records management.
- Provides technical support on a daily basis to all customers, manages electronic documents, serves as the liaison for other customer groups related to all projects, provides expertise, monitors security related issues, and maintains a coordinating relationship with the government agency, its clients, and external partners to include the architect-engineers, construction contractors, and other contractors supporting the government.
- Assists with the transition of projects to those customers responsible for ongoing maintenance of space.
- BA or BS degree in a construction, architecture, or engineering related field is Required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Industry Project software packages to include but not limited to latest versions of Microsoft Project, Primavera, AutoCADD, Revit, Prolog, etc.
- Experience with coordinating with architects and engineers to create design and construction documents. Experience with reviewing design document submittals, reviewing cost and schedule estimates, collecting, preparing, and reporting programmatic information.
- Fluent in project management principles and how to implement Project Management principles.
- Ability to analyze all relevant project-related information and communicate project status and major issues in writing or verbally.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications, interpret contract terms and conditions, working knowledge of CPM scheduling, communication skills, intermediate computer skills and Leadership skills.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- Project Estimator (DC Metro Area)
- Project Scheduler (Arlington, VA)
- TS Cleared Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Facilities Engineer (Chantilly, VA)
- Facilities Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Project Executive (New York)
- Design Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Project Executive-Planning/Pre-Design (DC Metro Area)
- Construction Project Manager (Newark, NJ/NYC)
- Proposal Coordinator/Manager (Arlington, VA)
- Construction Project Manager (Denver, CO)
- FM Engineer-BAS Expert (DC Metro Area)
- Project Executive (DC Metro Area)