Procon Consulting is seeking a Facilities Engineer that would serve as the Critical Infrastructure Engineer for development of solutions and project execution for Critical Infrastructure, Facilities Operations, Process Optimization, and Energy Management Solutions for our public sector clients which include the GSA. This role requires 7-10 years of experience in this field. This is a long term role that would work in conjunction with our Facilities Management & Construction Management team.
- Focus on enabling control system and sensor technology and converting data into intelligence, to build solutions which generate value and mature our client’s capabilities in digitization and analytics.
- General responsibilities include assessments, pilots, ideation initiatives, business consultation and assistance to develop, define and document solutions which bring value, cost savings and efficiency.
- Developing solutions for introducing management and governance processes for implementing enhanced monitoring, alerts, and messaging. In example, connectivity to building energy meters; building automation systems; micro grid or campus district energy solutions; manufacturing processes; space utilization, and overall situational awareness related to cyber security, emergency response, and condition based maintenance, and energy management.
- Includes management of building energy metering systems. Collection and analysis of data from work load management systems, SCADA systems, Building Automation Systems (Client), and other 3rd party systems used in the management and analysis of facilities and critical infrastructure.
- Works with clients to develop use cases for optimization of facilities operations, energy use, and automation of alerts and notification management.
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and implementing solutions with Siemens, Tridium, Johnson Controls, or Schneider Electric.
- Experience with development and implementation of condition based maintenance (CBM) logic for processes or systems.
- Experience deployments of, integration with, and managing OSIsoft PI to present situational awareness within a facility, plant, or on campus.
- Working knowledge of PI System development & implementation, to include PI Asset Framework (AF), Notifications, and Asset Analytics, PI Data Archive, High Availability, Interfaces (e.g., Modbus, OPC, RDBMS, PI to PI, HTML, Bacnet, PI Universal File Loader (UFL), PI Manual Logger, PI Datalink and PI Builder, PI Integrators (e.g., for Business Analytics, ArcGIS) and PI Vision).
- Knowledge of motors, pumps, PLC logic, hardware and programming, distributive control, process instrumentation, and communication networks.
- Experience in computer software development best practices, hardware platforms, networking, security, database administration, and data acquisition systems.
- Knowledge of institutional building HVAC and central plant systems, DDC controls, lighting systems, energy efficiency and commissioning practices.
- Knowledge of building controls and metering systems hardware and software.
- Knowledge of statistics and data analysis and experience with statistical and data analysis software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in developing and working with complex information management systems.
- Familiarity with analytical computing and database environments (Excel, common BI tools like tableau, business objects, and Power BI, MS SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent professional judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability.
- 4-year Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Control Systems, or related field.
- Registered Professional Engineer (preferred not required).
- Experience with system implementation, final acceptance testing, startup and formal commissioning is a plus.
- Ashrae CPMP (Commissioning Process Management Professional Certification) and/or CEM (Certified Energy Manager) is a plus.
- Experience as “Owners Trusted Advisor” with regards to vendor interviews, bid leveling, VE evaluation, installation oversight and final system assessment is a plus.
- Experience in dealing with multiple BAS vendors and knowledge of the pros and cons of the various systems available on the marketplace is a plus.
- System installation and troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Experience on security compliance following NIST SP 800-53 and NIST 800-82, DCID 6/3.
- Ability to travel on short notice CONUS and OCONUS for short term visits.
- Experience in design of high reliability Local Area and Wide Area data networks using Ethernet and serial technologies such as RS232 and RS485. Experience should include layer 2 and layer 3 Ethernet switches, routers, Ethernet network security appliances, media converters, protocol converters, copper and fiber optic cabling. Cisco product experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in tagging conventions, data logging, trending and reporting, Boolean logic, ladder logic, symbol conventions, etc. is desired.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- Project Executive (New York)
- Project Estimator (DC Metro Area)
- Project Executive (DC Metro Area)
- Facilities Engineer (Chantilly, VA)
- TS Cleared Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Project Scheduler (Arlington, VA)
- Proposal Coordinator/Manager (Arlington, VA)
- Project Executive-Planning/Pre-Design (DC Metro Area)
- Construction Project Manager (Denver, CO)
- FM Engineer-BAS Expert (DC Metro Area)
- Design Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Facilities Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Construction Project Manager (Newark, NJ/NYC)