Procon Consulting is seeking an Inspector with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in on-site construction management services. The Inspector is responsible for providing planning and design in the areas of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems including inspections. Successful candidate must have experience reviewing drawings, specifications, and cost estimates for the mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing systems. The responsibilities for this position require field inspection of installations of mechanical and electrical systems including HVAC, plumbing, fire sprinkler/alarm and electrical work.
- Prepare plans, details, specifications, and cost estimates in such specialties as plumbing; heating; ventilating; air conditioning; and general piping systems for noncomplex projects or those of limited scope.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Generate and compiles statistical information necessary for budgeting of facilities, equipment and manpower.
- Review contract documents for proposed construction and makes recommendations including preparation of cost estimates and time/schedule impacts on potential construction changes.
- Provide daily inspection and surveillance of construction work to insure the work is in accordance with contract.
- Maintain orderly working files for correspondence, minutes of meetings and conferences, payments, updated progress schedules, monthly progress reports, punch lists, field changes, Request for Information (RFI), and contract documents including amendments, notices to proceed, change orders, modifications and other locally generated documents developed during the course of construction.
- Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment, or elevation of structures or fixtures to ensure compliance to building plans and codes.
- Monitor installation of plumbing, wiring, equipment, or appliances to ensure that installation is performed properly and is in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Maintain submittal status logs and supplement inspection records with photographs. Develop and maintain a filing system for submittals.
- Inform contractor and construction representatives of safety violations, subject to the limitations.
- Coordinate requests for passes, outages, excavations, hauling, and delivery routes associated with Government property.
- Verify contractor’s maintenance of accurate as-built drawings on a weekly basis and provide comments on completed as-built drawings.
- Inspect and ensure compliance with construction materials, workmanship and construction and installation of various systems.
- Conduct construction inspections to resolve problems on the project and will brief Government personnel of the solutions to the issues.
- Review and interpret engineering and architectural plans and specifications.
- Prepares and create written reports and correspondence in briefing clients and management personnel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in on-site construction management services.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, processes, and methods)
- Mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing engineering customs and practices in expressing ideas, designs, and data in drawings.
- Experience with federal office buildings preferred.
- Plan, organize, review, and evaluate the work of consultants, contractors, and others.
- Design principles, mathematics, and construction industry practice for the solution of mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing engineering problems.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft and email applications.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.