Procon Consulting LLC is seeking a mid-level Project Engineer (5-15 years experience) responsible for scheduling, cost engineering, subcontract coordination, and general project administration. The Project Engineer responsibilities include but not limited to the following: review and tracking of submittals, RFIs, change order review and processing, review and critique the contractor prepared CPM Schedules; preparation of monthly status reports, project meetings, prepare meeting minutes, and assist in project close-out and communications. The Project Engineer works under the direct supervision of a Project Manager and supports various aspects of construction coordination and management in support of a project located in Washington, DC.
- Develop and review plans and specifications including documenting information and writing reports.
- Manage electronic project management applications inclusive of various modules such as budget tracking, Schedule of Values (SOV) input, Request for Information (RFI), and submittals.
- Maintain and update a current CPM schedule at the jobsite at the Project Manager’s direction.
- Provide technical assistance to construction team and subcontractors to ensure project is within approved budget.
- Manage project budgeting and forecasting process. Closely manage costs and implement value engineering strategies where appropriate. Regularly develop and provide quantitative and qualitative reporting.
- Responsible for any and all daily management aspects on the construction project and/or business unit.
- Review construction documents and budgets to determine level of project completion.
- Maintain project progress reports and schedules.
- Utilize computer based scheduling software.
- Review and analyze complex construction contracts.
- Ensure timeliness of all submittals and shop drawings.
- Write changes orders, project closeouts and all related activities.
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, or engineering.
- 5-15 years experience.
- Firm understanding of basic mathematics, including percentage analysis, numerical proportion, and the ability to analyze and work with budgets.
- Ability to evaluate individual performance with an emphasis on quality standards and productivity.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel), MS Project, and related software. computer applications.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.