Procon Consulting is seeking a senior leader Project Executive with a minimum of 15 years of experience leading construction projects from inception to project completion. The Project Executive is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of complex construction-management projects as well as leading project teams while managing great relationships with clients. This position is a senior role and will provide project management oversight on various construction projects. Successful candidate will work closely with construction management project teams and will coordinate internal and external resources.
- Lead multiple project teams and projects operationally in each phase including pre-construction, construction, close-out, and post-construction services.
- Ensure construction progress per the schedule.
- Adhere to the budgetary guidelines, quality, and safety standards.
- Understand contract requirements and manage project team resources accordingly.
- Provide project planning, budgeting, and identify resources needed.
- Manage teams, resources and develop clear objectives/goals for each individual.
- Mentor and coach construction management staff. Use industry contacts to find and develop new project team members.
- Maintain team alignment and monitor team performance.
- Serve as liaison for all client communication.
- Cultivate good client relationships and manage client expectations.
- Ensure team execution.
- Strengthen existing client base and actively participate in business development to generate new clients and business for the firm.
- Oversee project setup responsibilities including: recruiting, vetting, and interviewing new personnel.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years experience in the Construction Management/Owners Representation field.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, including client focused soft skills and ability to navigate political and difficult situations orally and in writing.
- Proven Leadership skills, mentoring and managing staff.
- Must have knowledge of Construction Management/Owners Representative experience from project inception to closeout.
- Past experience on both private and public projects in preferred.
- Must have ability to achieve and maintain financial control and profit goals for projects.
- Must be proficient in all MS project and Google applications for professional use.
- Must understand construction management procedures.
- Must be proficient in construction critical path method scheduling and able to effectively work with software such as Primavera Project P6.
- Must be able to pass background investigation.
- Must be organized, timely, and customer service oriented.
- Must have extreme attention to detail.
- Must have a strong business sense and ability to lead people.
- Must be self motivated.
- Flexibility to travel on occasion for project related meetings.
- Past construction project experience in healthcare education, infrastructure sectors is highly preferred.
- Construction management industry certifications such as ASHE, CMAA, LEED AP, PMP, etc. are highly preferred.
- Serving on industry boards is preferred.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- Construction Project Manager (Newark, NJ/NYC)
- Project Estimator (DC Metro Area)
- Project Executive (New York)
- Proposal Coordinator/Manager (Arlington, VA)
- Project Executive-Planning/Pre-Design (DC Metro Area)
- Facilities Engineer (Chantilly, VA)
- Design Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Construction Project Manager (Denver, CO)
- FM Engineer-BAS Expert (DC Metro Area)
- TS Cleared Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Project Scheduler (Arlington, VA)
- Facilities Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Project Executive (DC Metro Area)