Procon Consulting LLC is seeking an experienced (2-10 years) Project Scheduler with a minimum of 2 years experience in building construction. Successful candidate will develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction and renovation work in the DC metro area. Work includes integration of the government’s vendor schedules with general contractor schedules, project management functions, and client advisory roles.
- Provide comprehensive project management services.
- Develop and maintain schedules and integrated master schedules.
- Develop project management plans.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure and activity coding.
- Develop and/or incorporate schedule information from vendors (design, IT/AV, FF&E, security, move management, etc) with general contractor schedule and master program schedule.
- Extensive experience in providing detailed analysis of project schedules, from project inception, through the design phases to construction kickoff and completion.
- Monitor project progress and provide weekly status updates.
- Create schedule fragments for change or what-if scenarios.
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
- Utilize schedule reporting and analysis features such as Claim Digger and time-distributed reports.
- Coordinate meetings and briefings.
- Organize and maintain data in clear accurate formats.
- Assist with Reimbursable Work Authorizations (RWAs) process and documentation.
- Prepare various planning documents/milestones including cost and execution milestones, construction schedules, furniture acquisition, alternative work space design and construction, and change order management.
- Assist team in gathering information and answering questions.
- Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in developing corrective actions.
- Perform time impact analysis, and track changes that affect the schedule.
- Have an understanding of policies, methods, and procedures that includes advanced Planning and Scheduling techniques, Risk Analysis, Risk Management, and support of project objectives.
- Ability to work independently and interact professionally with Project Managers, team leaders, subcontractors and the Government Customer.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is preferred but not required.
- Qualified candidates must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible to obtain a clearance. Background check required.
- Scheduling experience of building construction: 2 years
- Must possess working knowledge of Construction Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Must be proficient in Primavera P6, P3, Microsoft Projects or Suretrack.
- 3-10 years of experience required.
- Experience with federal government Reimbursable Work Authorizations (RWAs) process and documentation.
- Ability to handle numerous tasks.
- Expert in scheduling, critical path analysis, earned value management, and using scheduling software such as Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 for managing tasks, collaboration, managing timelines, measuring progress, and generating reports.
- Experience producing and managing a resource/cost loaded schedule for the life cycle of a construction project from concept to engineering/design, to procurement and construction.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications of MS Project (2010), Outlook, Word, Access, and PowerPoint, and is skilled at performing data evaluation, formulas and metrics in Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem solving acumen in the area of scheduling.
- Government experience preferred.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.