We are seeking an experienced Proposal Coordinator/Manager to augment our existing staff to help us achieve that growth. The successful candidate will have experience writing, coordinating, reviewing, and overseeing the production of proposals and be able to develop and manage proposal content in a clear, concise, and logical manner. This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Provide writing, technical editing, content development, document production, and coordination for proposals and proposal related documentation.
- Manage the full life cycle of the proposal response process from analysis of solicitation documents to final production and submission of proposals with input and guidance from the Director and technical team members.
- Review Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and other solicitation documents to determine proposal requirements, develop compliance matrices, and prepare draft and final responses.
- Assist in developing proposal strategy and review sessions throughout the life of a proposal.
- Assist and/or lead proposal development meetings and collaborate with subject matter experts to develop language, analyze data, research and calculate pricing.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Manage technical information from existing written materials, staff interviews/questionnaires, and internet research
- Perform research and organize ideas
- Work closely with technical departments and outside business partners
- On occasion assist project teams in organizing, writing, and editing technical reports
- Candidates chosen for interview should be prepared to provide writing samples
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong proposal writing skills with 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in, and/or detailed knowledge of, construction management and/or the A/E/C industry
- Experience with federal, state, and/or local government solicitation processes, experience with GSA preferred
- Ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources (subject matter experts, previous proposals) into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive final product that is fully compliant with RFP requirements
- Ability to manage deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Professional or academic experience in technical writing and the ability to write clearly about data
- Strong proofreading and technical editing experience
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint skills
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong professional communications skills and attention to detail is critical
- Must be able to handle and use constructive feedback to make changes to work product
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with key stakeholders
Applicants must submit cover letter and formatted resume.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- TS Cleared Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Project Estimator (DC Metro Area)
- Proposal Coordinator/Manager (Arlington, VA)
- Construction Project Manager (Denver, CO)
- Facilities Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Project Scheduler (Arlington, VA)
- Facilities Engineer (Chantilly, VA)
- Construction Project Manager (Newark, NJ/NYC)
- Project Executive (New York)
- Design Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Project Executive (DC Metro Area)
- Project Executive-Planning/Pre-Design (DC Metro Area)
- FM Engineer-BAS Expert (DC Metro Area)