Procon Consulting, a dynamic professional services firm in Arlington, VA with expertise in Construction Management, seeks an experienced Proposal Manager with experience writing, coordinating, reviewing, and overseeing the production of proposals. The successful candidate will present proposal content in a clear, persuasive, concise, and logical manner. This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Provide clear, concise, and persuasive writing, as well as technical editing, production coordination, and content development for proposals and proposal related documentation.
- Assist the Director in managing the full life cycle of the proposal response process from analysis of RFP to final production and submission of proposals.
- Review Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and other solicitation documents to determine proposal requirements and prepare draft and final responses.
- Assist in developing proposal strategy and review sessions throughout the life of a proposal.
- Assist and/or lead proposal development meetings and collaborate with subject matter experts to develop language, analyze data, research and calculate pricing.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Manage technical information from existing written materials, staff interviews/questionnaires, and internet research
- Perform research and organize ideas
- Assist in the review of procurement sources to assess applicability to our proposal strategy
- Work closely with functional departments and partners
- Candidates chosen for interview should be prepared to provide writing samples
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong proposal writing skills with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in, and/or detailed knowledge of, construction management and/or the A/E/C industry highly preferred
- Experience with federal, state, and/or local government solicitation processes, experience with GSA preferred
- Ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources (subject matter experts, previous proposals, etc.) into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive final product that is fully compliant with RFP requirements
- Ability to manage deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Professional or academic experience in technical writing and the ability to write clearly and persuasively about data
- Strong proofreading and technical editing experience
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint skills
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong professional communications skills and attention to detail is critical
- Must be able to handle and use constructive feedback to make changes to work product
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with key stakeholders
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- Construction Project Manager (Seattle, WA area)
- Construction Project Manager (NYC-Queens area)
- Project Scheduler (DC Metro Area)
- Construction Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- TS Cleared Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Design Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Top Secret Cleared Electrical Inspector
- Senior Proposal Writer/Manager
- Project Estimator (DC Metro Area)
- Construction Manager – San Fransisco Bay Area
- Construction Project Manger – Anniston, AL
- Traveling Construction Manager – Various Locations (United States)
- Construction Inspector – Anniston, AL