Procon Consulting is currently seeking a mid-level to Senior Cost Estimator with 2-8 years of experience in producing cost estimates for construction projects or services. The candidate will prepare detailed construction cost estimates and analyze blueprints and other documents to develop accurate and detailed project estimates using specific procedures.
- Oversee the development of construction cost estimate over various phases of a project in its life cycle.
- Develop a basis of scope for bidding and estimating purposes.
- Prepare and provides estimating services which include conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction level estimates.
- Prepares ROMs for construction projects, AE studies, or maintenance work during the planning phase.
- Manage the preparation and coordination of bid documents, production, subcontractor and vendor pricing, subcontractor and vendor buyouts and project turnover to Project Manager.
- Review and prepare Subcontractor pricing, from proposals through change orders for ongoing construction projects.
- Track and compare planned vs. actual time and cost results and make recommendation to correct either positive or negative variances.
- Reviews drawings and bid requirements thoroughly.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Develops RFIs and clarifications and ensure adequate subcontractor coverage.
- Maintain open and cordial communication and good working relationship with project manager, engineer, architect, and management team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience estimating heavy civil, structural, military, commercial, and educational projects.
- Certifications: ASPE, CSP, CPE, LEED Accreditation programming certs are a plus but not a requirement.
- Experience estimating large Federal Government projects using GSA P120 standards.
- Prepared cost estimates in CSI Division and Uniformat.
- Ability to produce full detail cost estimates independently.
- Estimating Historic Government Office Renovation Work is a plus.
- Familiar with GSA Cost Works.
- Proven profit/loss responsibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Projects software and Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.), Estimating and scheduling systems such as Timberline and Primavera plan and spec reading.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret drawings, contract specifications and other technical documents used in mechanical, construction and general contracting.
- Ability to develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for all projects. Provide and explain information to various managers. Maintain excellent business relationships with various vendors and subcontractors.
- Ability to assist in presenting analysis of project cost estimates, expenditures and forecasts to managers in order to enable/enhance project/program decision-making.
- Construction Manager or Project Manager Experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities including project managers, customers, clients, subcontractors, and staff.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality. Very organized with a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented, quick, sharp, confident, assertive and ethical.
Procon Consulting LLC is a full-service project management firm. Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- Project Scheduler (Arlington, VA)
- Project Estimator (DC Metro Area)
- Project Executive-Planning/Pre-Design (DC Metro Area)
- Facilities Manager (DC Metro Area)
- TS Cleared Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- Construction Project Manager (DC Metro Area)
- FM Engineer-BAS Expert (DC Metro Area)
- Facilities Engineer (Chantilly, VA)